Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hannahbananaa

Dr pepper promotion... Exclusive PS items...US only :(

Dr. Pepper is having a promotion for EA Games
im not going to post the link but you can search for it, its really easy.
(mods... can i post the link?, if not can i atleast post the items?)

anyway, they are giving away really cute PS items like a dye table, plushies and other stuff
the down side is that its only for us residents.
maybe if somebody can post a code i can try it out. i really want to get the items

I think this is absolute rubbish. People (games) need to realize that there are people playing all over the world. Their residency should not be discriminated against. I may stop drinking dr. Pepper entirely if this is true. As for posting a link, I'd ask Lisa.

I agree with all of you. Even if Dr. Pepper isn't in shops here, but disabling something for other countries or applying for only some countries is just snobbish.

It is, and a number of Facebook games do it. I think it's just wrong. It's true, Mike has been doing the research on it and found the details about it.

According to him, they are making it totally complicated even for folks in the States. If they are giftable, then maybe our friends in the US can help those of us in other countries.

this is so heart breaking Sad(((( iam so upset so wonderful items and we cant get
Sad(( UNFAIR

Tiddly Winks wrote:
It is, and a number of Facebook games do it. I think it's just wrong. It's true, Mike has been doing the research on it and found the details about it.

According to him, they are making it totally complicated even for folks in the States. If they are giftable, then maybe our friends in the US can help those of us in other countries.

According to TOF, all items are giftable... even the new red wig dye...

Look guys, we have several folks here from the US. If it was happening here, I would act as a liason for everyone else. Maybe what we need is to organize a group of members there who can help the rest of us. Preferably members who actually drink Dr. Pepper.

Don't lose hope, this is a great forum and the way I see it is as follows. If one or two people there get the codes, then they can get the items. Keep in mind it may take a while since there are codes for all sorts of games. I can also imagine that several of our friends over yonder are on holiday right now, so just be patient and let's see what happens.

I have been contacting several friends there and will keep contacting folks to ask for help. Since we can't do anything about it, we might as well try and make the best of it.

Guest Guest
I live in the Canada... and we have Dr. Pepper in stores here but they won't have any codes. HOWEVER, If the items can be gifted I'm sure some of them will eventually turn up for sale or trade. I'm used to not getting every item that PS has because of all the CC items that I can't buy. But I still think it's unfair. The only item I would be interested in is the wig dye table. But even if I don't get it, I'm sure one of my good friends from the USA will be more than happy to dye all my wigs for me (over a period of time). It's sad, but PS is neglecting many of it's players with this promotion. But it's lucky for the players in the USA that they have this promotion. We have to see the bright side I guess.

I will boycott Dr Pepper, then I do not drink it anyway. Yuck. I wonder what our Dr Pepper loving household members are going to do.

omg this is SO unfair! the wig dye table and the plushies are sooo cooll!! MadMad

sorry, non-US-er's... :-(
if they are giftable, i will send what i can.... if i can get my grubby little hands on those bottles!

I have never tried Dr.Pepper...what does it taste like? Wish they had more offers like this all over the world congratulations lol

Dr. Pepper is one of my favourites! I really wish they had this promotion in Canada as I would be buying a lot!

It's kind of hard to explain the taste, but It's very similar to Coke or Pepsi but with a bit more flavour to it.

I only started drinking Dr. Pepper here because there was no root beer. I love root beer.

I'm not buying anymore Dr. Pepper here. Although I like it okay, the price for a six pack runs (with deposit) about 10 US dollars.

myladyyawo wrote:
It's kind of hard to explain the taste, but It's very similar to Coke or Pepsi but with a bit more flavour to it.

I beg to differ. It is anything but coke. I drink coke sometimes (not my favourite drink), but I cannot even stand the smell of Dr Pepper. Rootbeer does not smell as nasty, but I do not like it either. Coke has always been around here (people mix it with all kind of spirits or even wine - yuck), but root beer is unavailable. Maybe one likes it, when one grows up with it.

Xavier wrote:
myladyyawo wrote:

I beg to differ. It is anything but coke. I drink coke sometimes (not my favourite drink), but I cannot even stand the smell of Dr Pepper. Rootbeer does not smell as nasty, but I do not like it either. Coke has always been around here (people mix it with all kind of spirits or even wine - yuck), but root beer is unavailable. Maybe one likes it, when one grows up with it.

That's diplomatic, every time I so much as open a bottle of Dr. Pepper, Mike gets the 'poo face' going. One day I may get a picture of him and put it side by side with Xavier after he drinks the poo juice from the joke stand. Like Father, like son. congratulations

this is not fair... they missed canada day for 2 years and they showed no compasion to us canadians since ea bought playfish... :'(

Tiddly Winks wrote:
Xavier wrote:
myladyyawo wrote:

That's diplomatic, every time I so much as open a bottle of Dr. Pepper, Mike gets the 'poo face' going. One day I may get a picture of him and put it side by side with Xavier after he drinks the poo juice from the joke stand. Like Father, like son. congratulations

Hahaha! I'd like to just ''try'' Dr. Pepper once to be able to relate to this!

Okay...I live in the States and I do drink Dr. Pepper (which tastes like carbonated prune juice in a way). If someone would PLEASE send me the link, I will do what I can to help folks get items. I already have requests for two dye tables. I'll keep you all posted.

Kokonee wrote:
Okay...I live in the States and I do drink Dr. Pepper (which tastes like carbonated prune juice in a way). If someone would PLEASE send me the link, I will do what I can to help folks get items. I already have requests for two dye tables. I'll keep you all posted.
sent u a pm with the link

I also live in the States. I haven't been able to find the specially marked Dr. Pepper in the places I normally shop. Will try to go a bit farther from home and see if I can get some. I suppose they could be hard to find with them offering prizes for so many games. That wig dye table is awesome!

I really had to giggle Tiddly Winks and Xavier! I really love coke too, and I know it's not that similar but I really don't know how to explain the taste.. Maybe more like if you've ever mixed rootbeer, coke and pepsi together.. hmm I wonder if it tastes different depending on the country it's made in...

That's very nice of you Kokonee and Sasha to offer help! I really wish it was available here in Canada!

Kokonee wrote:

Prune juice...the warrier's drink.

Sorry, wrong fandom. congratulations

I've read they're giftable, but I don't know if one person can have more than one. I wish they had a promotion like this one in other countries Sad

SashaGirl wrote:
I also live in the States. I haven't been able to find the specially marked Dr. Pepper in the places I normally shop. Will try to go a bit farther from home and see if I can get some. I suppose they could be hard to find with them offering prizes for so many games. That wig dye table is awesome!

You can find them on the "small" bottles, the 12 ounce size. Yes, not terribly convenient. Look at your local Quickie-mart.

Kokonee wrote:

You can find them on the "small" bottles, the 12 ounce size. Yes, not terribly convenient. Look at your local Quickie-mart.

Will do that. I just haven't had the time to get out and really search for them. Thanks for the tip!

Also, Fred Meyer's in the cooler cases by the registers...

Kokonee wrote:
Also, Fred Meyer's in the cooler cases by the registers...

Oh! I checked Fred Meyers, but didn't see any. Didn't check those cases though. Will have to do that today.

I think we should all be patient ^^ They might become easier to obtain soon enough!! I love the teddies, lol, but I heard it's too costly at the moment!!

i live in the USA and haven't found a bottle yet. I will keep checking and will help if i can obtain the bottles with the codes on.
I sent my bf out checking all over. He checked more then a dozen stores and none to be found. Lets hope they appear soon. Smile

Hi, Yvette!! It's me, lea! It's my first day on the forum. You know, Miss Panda's owner? I live in the US and I saw the codes for sale on ebay. What can I do to help? Are they out in stores? I'll buy up some DR. Pepper for us Smile

Hey Lea. So glad to see you here. Hope you and Miss Panda decide to stick around and post a lot here. Smile New folks is always great and I think it's really awesome that you want to help us out here.